Grandpa Dave and Grandma Shannon came for Christmas and the boys were in heaven. I think Ben and I could have left and not been missed--except by the Grandparents. I think the three boys wore them out between racing cars on their new race track, reading books, general wrestling and playing. Its always good to have grandparents around, we went to the Children's Museum, and Ben's new office and did lots of good old playing. I realized when they left I didn't take a ton of pictures but I did capture a few.
The biggest hit of Christmas was the lazer sight Nerf guns I got Noah and Owen. They didn't ask for them but as I was walking through the stores getting ideas it was a stroke of genius. Christmas morning Grandpa Dave and Dad both said, "You only got 2?" hmm, back to Target I went on the 26th only to find the selves wiped clean of all Nerf stuff. Ben got his late present on New Year's eve when I took the gun off the shelf less than 5 minutes after it had been re-stocked. Ever since there have been endless pleas for hide-and-seek with the Nerf guns. You get shot when found. Even Winston plays along and has figured out how to fire after you load for him. They are great indoor guns, they stick to the TV so Ben has been giving them targets as he watches football.
The boys also got a basketball hoop. Both Noah and Owen are playing basketball this winter. Noah is getting pretty good at shooting and Owen is good but it is a little high for him still. He does better when he plays at the YMCA because the hoop is about a foot lower. But with 4 boys how could we not own a hoop? I'm just waiting for the day we pour a standard half court with concrete in the backyard. I give it less than 5 years.
All in all Christmas was a success. I was worried we'd have tears and pouting due to Santa and Mom and Dad pulling way back after very ungrateful behavior in Cancun. But here are a few pictures.


Naps with Grandpa were a required daily activity for everyone-especially Granpda.
No comments:
Post a Comment