The first craft I've made in about 5 yrs (I'm not joking here) is a Christmas Countdown advent calendar. I've wanted some sort of advent but wanted more than just putting ornaments on a tree. Its been a hit with the boys. They love opening up each day to see what we get to do. Activites have ranged from reading a Christmas story to watching a Christmas movie, to free choice, to writing Christmas letters, decorating cookies, reading a story from The Friend, etc. Yesterday it was decorate a gingerbread house. Not knowing how it would go over (my boys are hit and miss with crafty type stuff, as is their mother) I took the easy route and bought a kit from the grocery store. Best $12! They all loved it and had a great time. So here is their gingerbread house and my craft. In addtion, is a picture of the boys on Santa's lap. Saturday morning church had a breakfast with Santa. It was a great time. One of the better activities.
No comments:
Post a Comment