Sunday, May 3, 2009

Saturday Fun

Ben had to work on Saturday, a rarity, because they have some testing that will be going on this coming week and needed to finish up a few things. I tried to get a lot of things done around the house, including putting a large pile of out of season clothes in the attic. And that is where my productivity stopped. I was so close to getting everything put away in the appropriate box when Noah and Owen asked if they could come up there with me. I helped them both climb the ladder and Winston was screaming at the bottom; he was both hungry and mad that he was left out. I got careless lost my balance and missed the plywood in the attic and managed to partially fall through the ceiling. My foot went through the ceiling of the boys room up to my knee. I have no idea how I caught myself or really what happened. Perhaps I was so sleep deprived from only getting 3 hours of sleep the night before because I was up talking with some friends. (Yes, as I slunk home at 2 am I did feel like a teenager after curfew) Anyhow, this is the result. Thank heavens some friends just finished dry-walling a room in their house last week. I gave him a call to see how difficult the repair would be and he showed up about 2 hours later and had the thing fixed in an hour. We have some more mudding and texturing and painting to do but the hole is gone. Thank heaven we have good friends and thank heaven I didn't fall completely through the ceiling. Word to the wise: Do not go in the attic when sleep deprived and distracted by 3 children. I did call Ben and confess before I called our friends. I'm just glad I didn't do this when I lived at home or my father would have skinned me alive. Good thing he's mellowed in his old age.

4 comments:

  1. Whitney, thank you so much for my belly laugh of the day!! You need to talk to Aaron about what it's like to go through a wall, thankfully yours was just your foot and leg and not your car!! Anyway, I'm glad you're not hurt. I would love to have seen Noah and Owen's faces as portions of their mom disappeared through the ceiling. Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh NO Whitney! That's crazy-- glad you didn't get hurt, and I'm impressed you had the presence of mind to take a picture-- definitely adds to the story!

    I sort of feel like an accomplice to the crime for contributing to your previous night's delinquency...
    Heather S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear/see I'm not the only one who has done that, I put a hole in the garage roof with my leg a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure glad you didn't go all the way through (and came out without having to wear a cast). Come on Whit, you really need to be careful now, don't become invalid a few days before coming here ;). That would really s..k.

    ReplyDelete