Sunday, July 19, 2009

How much fun can you pack into 7 days? Part A

The answer is quite a bit. We went to visit my family for 2 days before Ben's little brother got married. We had a great time with all the cousins and here are the pictures to prove it. We magaed to pack in 2 days
  • Wheeler Farm, tractors were loads of fun as was the tree house and feeding the geese
  • hiked around Silver Lake,and then made tin foil dinners and s'mores; all my boys loved being in the mountains they ran around and explored to their hearts content I really miss the mtns and try not to think about the paucity of them in Houston
  • visited This is the Place State Park including pony and train rides, making rope, watching a horse get shoed, seeing a Native American village, playing pioneer games and touring some pioneer homes ending with ice cream
  • had take-out from our favorite Indian Restaurant (Bombay House) then played in Uncle Joel's backyard and made more s'mores
  • met cousin Kate's puppy Guacamole, she was a hit but Owen was terrified of her if she got too close
  • played with Pappa's train that is about as old as he is
  • held Gram B's bird Ami
Aunt Hillary and Guacamole

The Diamond grandkids

Waiting for the train at This is the Place...love the fake smiles

watering the pumpkin patch at This is the Place


Around the fire for s'mores

Winston's face says it all

Aunt Hillary, Noah and Aunt Mollie






3 comments:

  1. How fun! I love Silver Lake and I LOVE the Bombay House Mmmm. Glad you had a great time. Sad we can't catch up on a more regular basis. Sorry I completely dropped the ball on the Skype rendez-vous. Let me know when we can try again between 9am and 12pm your time. Tell Ben to go eat at McDonald for us, ha!ha! Truthfully, I wasn't very happy when Tony told me what the "prize" was... Only because I know Ben is dedicated in his work out and I'm not so sure about Tony... although he is pretty motivated right now :). Hugs and kisses to y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so fun! The only thing I can relate to is a visit to the Wheeler farm- never been to the restaurant or This is the Place Monument (that I can remember) but the nights with S'mores sounds great- my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We, also, are huge fans of Silver Lake AND the Bombay House! We'd love to see you sometime when you're back out here (though, I realize you have many people vying for your attention.) Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete