Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pre-School Update

I taught pre-school this week and still really think its great. The four boys are good and its fun to have all boys-makes it easy to plan activities I know they'll like. This week we did the letter P. We made pizza (a big hit in the making and eating departments), read the Three Little Pigs, glued pasta into shapes of the letter P, practiced writing the letter P on a chalk board, and made pig puppets by finger painting pigs and gluing them onto paper bags. We went from picture A to picture B in a matter of 5 minutes. We were missing one little boy today so you'll only see 3 sets of arms and legs. They are so much fun! We also played "Duck, Duck, Goose" which turned into cookie head, pizza head, ball-head, etc. I had to ask if goose was still the magic word because I wasn't sure when one of us should jump up and run. The 2 1/2 hours really goes quickly. We usually only have about 15 min of free play at the end. I like Thursday mornings-sending Owen off for a couple hours and having all the boys come here.

1 comment:

  1. i hope i figure out fun things like that to do with our kids. i'm afraid they'll get to first grade and barely be talking... and not know how to add...
    i'm glad we are still in the ward too! i think we will be filling our home with little Stubbs sooner than anyone thinks...

    ReplyDelete