The following is a video of Owen and Winston racing. They've been listening to the Creed Haymond Story. For those of you who don't know who Creed Haymond is I'll tell you. He was a member of our church who ran track during college for the University of Pennsylvania around 1919. He was at a National Title meet and his coach asked all the members of the team to drink some wine the night before the meet. The coach said it would help them be faster. Creed refused due to our belief in the Word of Wisdom (no coffee, tea, tobacco, alcohol, illicit drugs etc) The coach pressured him but he still refused. Finally, the coach agreed he wouldn't drink the wine but said if they team failed it was Creed's responsibility. Creed prayed to know that what he'd done was right-the entire team was counting on him to win to help the team win in overall standing. The next day at the meet, Creed out performed the competetion and most of his team couldn't compete because they were sick. Despite numerous problems and setbacks (Creed's starting block holes caved in and he fell) he won many titles that day. Hence, how Creed came to know that the Word of Wisdom is true. So with that background, Owen, Winston and Noah line up in the starting blocks like Creed Haymond and when the designated starter says "ready, set, go" and shoots the gun they race around the house. I've tried a couple of times to show them the correct starting position but for obvious reasons I'm not that good at getting into the starting block position. So here is what they do:
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Random pictures of this week
Ever since Ben was put in the Bishopric at church and wears a suit and tie to church every week, Noah has been asking for a suit so he can look like he is in the bishopric as well. All the boys needed new church clothes so Noah and Owen got suits and Wintson just got a shirt and pants. He insisted on the tie when he saw his brothers wearing ties. They looked much better in person.
Winston has started pulling out Owen's underwear and then asking to wear it. He likes to wear 2 pairs at a time. He says "choo, choo" for train. So he pulls out Thomas the Tank Engine underwear and yells "choo, choo" at the top of his lungs while shoving it in your face until you put in on him. The box in the background was the box our the baby's new car seat came in. It has provided HOURS of entertainment for Noah and Owen over the last 3 days. I am not going to throw it away until they have destroyed it beyond playing.
Winston loves this puppy. He calls it puppy, much like Owen's beloved monkey called 'monkey'. Apparently my children don't like creative names. He was helping me cook dinner when I took this picture. And no, I was not making dog for dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jasmine was watching your blog with me and she said:"They have lots of cute boys". I guess she already has good taste ;-). (I know, a little scarry too that she would say that at 2yrs old ha!ha!)
ReplyDeleteThey are so sweet!
ReplyDeleteThey are so cute and grown-up looking. I can't wait to see them again.
ReplyDelete