Sunday, August 22, 2010

34 Things about Me

In honor of my 34th birthday on the 23rd,
here are 34 things you may not know about me

1. I have a thing for spies-James Bond (Daniel Craig), Chuck, Jack Ryan
2. Love cold water especially for swimming and showering in-70 degrees or less
3. Dream job would be photographer for National Geographic Magazine
4. Can’t write a creative story to save my life
5. Never finished 3rd grade
6. Nickname used to be “The Rock”
7. Love fresh picked blueberries-better if I’ve picked them
8. Could drop loads of money on shoes but rarely do
9. Told high school guidance councilor I wanted to be a park ranger-and meant it
10. I would rather save money than spend it-I’m always saving for something big, eventually I do buy
11. Beans are my comfort food
12. Prefer savory breakfast to sweet-see #11
13. Wish I had a green thumb and a beautiful a garden
12. Clutter makes me hyper-ventilate. I can take it for only so long before I snap which is usually about 6 pm each day. Once its gone I’m normal
13. First kiss was Anthony Bear behind the cabinet in kindergarten…my best friend Natalie kept watch
14. Really like to throw dinner parties where we just eat and have great conversation
15. Took dance lessons (ballet, tap, jazz, modern) until my mother gave up on me at about age 12. It took her 7 yrs to realize I can’t dance
16. Casablanca is one of my favorite movies-thanks Dad!
17. Once biked 90 miles along a dirt road through 7 mtn passes with no training. It took me 12 hrs and I was really tired for days
18. Was very disappointed in my mission call-initially
19. Each year we’d go on a family vacation to Bear Lake and I’d wear my swimsuit in the car on the drive there I was so excited
20. My sophomore locker partner brought a handgun to school and showed me. I was the one who turned it in to the Assist. Principal
21. Have read all the standard works-yes even the entire Old Testament
22. Went on 3 dates during high school, and I asked for 2 of them
23. When I was little I hated to color of my eyes because horses and cows had the same color and I thought it was boring
24. Got a pair of pink high tops for Christmas and was so thrilled that I called my cousin to tell her and my uncle has never let me live it down. Maybe I’ll go buy myself another pair
25. Saw “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade” 6 times in the theatre-6 cheers for dollar movies, Harrison Ford and Sean Connery
26. Didn’t shave for 3 months once-I hate shaving, it's my nemesis
27. Spilt chin open twice. Once in the high school pool, the day I got the stitches out I went off the diving board at the same pool and it split open again
28. As a kid always had a plan in my head for running away. As I’d drive around town with my family I’d scope out places I could stay
29. Never pictured myself living in TX because of my general dislike of hot weather. I would much rather be cold than hot
30. Won an ice cream eating contest at Oktoberfest when I was about 7 and won tickets to the top of the Snowbird Tram
31. Held the informal high school record for jump roping-# of jumps in 2 mintues
32.  I was chased by the same moose twice in one week
33. Was the undefeated tetherball champion in 6th grade
34. Punched a kid when in the 6th grade giving him a bloody nose for following me home and saying rude things

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! So I'm lame and have fallen off the wagon of birthday cards/presents so far this year, but I'll work on it, promise. I hope it's a great one! And by the way, did you know the guy who plays Chuck can sing too? Check out Terrified by Katherine McPhee and Zachary Levi on YouTube. It just might add fuel to your spy fire :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Whitney! So fun to learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list! Even though I wasn't part of many of those...it still brought back some hilarious memories. You are such a wonderful person, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love all these things! sooo funny! i'm glad i'm getting to know you better :) hope your birthday was a memorable one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One Great Birthday Girl and what a Great Idea! Happy Birthday Whit! Can't wait to learn 35 more!

    ReplyDelete