Monday, May 9, 2011

Liam's First Birthday

Liam turned 1 on April 2nd-to date the fastest year of my life (too bad I dont' remember much of it.)  He is such as sweet kid and gives the best loves of all.  My sister and her family were driving home from 6 weeks in Alabama so we actually had family in town to celebrate with besides Lauren and Jon.  The kid loves balls.  He'll dribble a soccer ball around the house, he goes outside to the basketball hoop picks up a basketball looks at the basket then looks at the ball then back to the basket and then drops the ball.  I wish I could get it on video.  He loves to play catch and will roll a ball to you for a long time.  He also likes to drop balls watch them bounce then if you catch it and let him drop it again he thinks you are the greatest thing ever.  I tried to get a ball cake pan and did but it fell apart.  The cake couldn't support the weight of the top half of the ball.  I was very dissappointed since I'd followed the directions and used a sturdy cake recipe.  Oh well, he like it and so did the brothers.  Liam also loves water.  He'll bee-line for any body of water he sees.  he also loves soft fuzzy things.  All his brothers got really soft blankets for Christmas and when ever he'd see them he'd crawl/walk on over and just lay down on it and smile.  Ben bought him one and he loves to sleep on it every night.  I know-baby hazard but I put it on his bed like a sheet-if he were a bigger kid I'd nickname him Lenny. He weighed 19 # 9 oz at his 1 yr check up.  I don't remember how tall he was-about average.  Here are a few pictures.  Liam we love you!
The sad birthday cake

We didn't let him tear into his cake by himself-we were at my sister's house and all the men were leaving for Priesthood session soon so we just fed him with a fork.

One of his birthday balls-he also got a little pool for the summer backyard fun.

The cousins celebrating his birthday-L to R  Liam, Winston, Noah holding Eli, Kate, Genevieve, Owen.

Liam and Genevieve on a walk-they are about 10 days apart.

Cousin fun on the trampoline

Loving the sprinkler

Loving his soft blanket.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Liam! Here's to balls, blankets, and big brothers!

    ReplyDelete