how good they have it. I make good food-I won't win any master chef contest but I cook really good food often and if it doesn't happen to be their favorites they complain wildly and act like I'm making them eat rotten worm-ridden filth. Tonight for example; I made roasted tomatillo chicken enchiladas. I even roasted the tomatillos myself. Ben in an effort to help the kids get excited said "this is Cancun food, they eat this with their pina coladas in Cancun." They love pina coladas and would have them daily if I let them. Noah's response? "This looks like Mexican vomit!" If I didn't care I'd just feed them nuggets and boxed mac-n-cheese for the rest of their lives but I do; they'll just have to live with my cooking. I was talking about this with Ben about a month ago and he correctly pointed out that Noah will be the one getting hot pockets out of the vending machine at BYU and thinking its great. Sad but true. Someday, probably not soon or to my face my kids will admit that I made them really good food growing up and they didn't appreciate me-"maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but someday and for the rest of [their] lives!"
Yes, someday they will appreciate your cooking. I would be happy to eat your "Mexican vomit" any day!
ReplyDelete