Sunday, June 5, 2011

Winston's Big Day

He got his own suitcase-a huge hit.  I put the rest of his presents in it (gum, 2 water guns, a bubble blower,
slip and slid and a few cars to replenish our stock.)

One happy boy!

At least for a few hours it was all about him.  Eat it up kid, it don't last!

Typical family picture that captures life at our house-Noah sulking because we let him bowl a few balls on the adult side which had no bumpers and he got gutterballs, Owen being happy pants, Winston doing who knows what bearing who knows what body part to the world and Liam getting in the mix
For several weeks Winston has been telling people his birthday is Saturday (May 28th).  He was so excited to celebrate.  He got a birthday necklace from nursery and wore it all week and still has it around.  He insisted on wearing it most of the day.  We did have a swim meet but I got him doughnuts to eat during the meet to help. I told him that I would get his cake ready while he took a nap and the first thing he said to me upon waking up was, "Where is my cake mom?  Did you make it?"  It was a good thing it was already for viewing. We went bowling with Aunt Lauren, Uncle Jon and Eli.  He said he wanted mac-n-cheese for his birthday which shocked no one.  (He eats it for breakfast if we have leftovers.) I will say it did take him a while to decide if he watned homemade or go out, finally he decided to go out. So being cheap parents we took them to Denny's where kids eat free on Saturdays.  (For the record I wanted to go to Jason's Deli which is a huge step up but Ben out voted me.) Then it was home for cake and presents.  Winston is so much fun.  He'll talk your ear off and loves to tease and be silly.  He has the gift of tongues and will tell you all sorts of stories.  He loves to sing and gets mad when I sing-a-long to the CD that is playing.  He will often be heard singing "Praise to the Man" while doing his business or any number of Taylor Swift songs.  If you ask him how to spell his name he says, "wnston".  Winston is a joy and a barrell of monkeys all rolled into one!

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a happy little guy!! He is such a sweet boy. Happy birthday buddy.

    ReplyDelete