Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Stella's Blessing and New Year's
My grandmother made my wedding dress and gave me the left over lace. I have kept it all these years really not knowing what to do with it but not wanting to throw it away because it was really expensive. So when we found out we were having a girl and Ben's mom offered to make her blessing dress I had the idea that the lace could be used for the blessing dress. Shannon put a lot of time and effort into the dress-newborn sizes are small and hard to deal with, then she had the lace just barely enough. There was only two to three inches left. But the dress turned out beautiful. Ben's parents were able to come down and be here for the blessing which was January 1st. A great way to start the new year. We didn't do much while they were here...played with toys and such but it meant a lot to us that they would come and I was so glad Shannon got to see Stella blessed in the dress she made. It was a beautiful blessing by Ben-wish you could record those things.
I tried to get artsy-fartsy with our new camera that we got for Christmas and do my own photo shoot of Stella in her dress. Lauren came over to help. We got a few really good ones. I need to get her into a professional soon though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad you got some good pictures of her! The dress is beautiful.
ReplyDelete