Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Breath of Fresh Air

It was very refreshing to be in Portland last weekend. I had a sister's weekend with my sisters-in-law and mother-in-law. It was much needed and very nice: I slept in until 10 am (my body time) on Saturday, saw Wicked (which was fabulous), ate lots of good food (a local place where the dessert menu was longer than the dinner menu, PF Changs, which I can't eat with Ben around, and crepes), purchased some guilt free things just for me thanks to my father-in-law, and generally enjoyed not having kids climbing on me . I am really lucky to have a great family of in-laws. I couldn't have married into a better family! Thanks for a wonderful weekend-we'll have to make it a tradition.

From the report on the home front I wasn't missed much at all- perhaps I should run away from home more often . Although Noah did tell Ben that I cook better food than he does.

4 comments:

  1. You cook better food, but I did get "good food" credit for buying Lunchables! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus Ben told me he took the kids to McDonalds everyday while you were gone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of which...I REALLY miss Mcdonalds! I know it is pathetic. Next time we meet up Ben, You and I at McDonalds (but not in Paris, I don't want Le Big Mac)! I'm buying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, sounds like a very fun relaxing weekend. Believe it or not but I am SO ready for a break from the kids. I told Tony today that I'm considering taking a week off work - He should look at his schedule and work it out :). The comforting thought is you guys coming in May... I love the show Wicked (I know, like everyone else who's seen it, right). It really is a good fun entertaining show. I'm glad you got to enjoy it with good company. Talk soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete