Friday Noah lost his first tooth! We didn't even know it was loose but apparently it was. I picked him up from school on Friday in a rainstorm so we ran to the car where I'd left Owen and Winston. We jumped in a went to run a few errands. I asked him about his day, told him about mine. Went to our first stop then on the way to the car Noah and Owen were fighting about who got the hold the umbrella. In the middle of the parking lot I was mediating the dispute then realized there was a hole in his mouth.
ME: Noah, did you lose a tooth? What happened? Are you ok?
NOAH: It came out at snack time. I was opening my waterbottle with my teeth and it popped out.
ME: Where is it? Did it bleed? Did you tell your teacher?
NOAH: No, it just bleed a little. I don't know where it is, maybe in my body somewhere, maybe I swallowed it. No, I didn't tell Ms. B, I told Joshua.
At this point I realized we are still standing in the middle of the parking lot in a rainstorm so I say, let's get to the car and you can tell me more. We get in the car and I try to get more of the story. But he has no idea where it is, it didn't bleed, he didn't tell anyone but Joshua and it must of been very loose because it didn't hurt and there were no signs of ripping in his gums. I'm still in a bit of shock and suggest that next time he ask for help in opening his water bottle and he tell his teacher if he loses more teeth. We checked his other bottom front tooth and it is a little loose so it'll be gone soon. He suggested that we write the tooth fairy a note and tell her where happened so he can still get money.
That is a funny story for a first lost tooth and Noah so casual about it ;-).
ReplyDeleteProps to Noah for handling the loss of his tooth so well. Especially if he wasn't prepared for it--I think I would have flipped out at his age if a random body part had fallen out and I wasn't expecting it! It's so like a Smith to be more concerned with getting money from the tooth fairy than the actual loss of the tooth :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the first tooth! History making with a gap in the mouth and a unique story to boot.
ReplyDeleteokay, so i'm just about to laugh open my c-section incision! i'm seriously sitting here holding my stomach laughing so hard!!! what's funny about it is that he was just like, "oh, ya know...maybe i swallowed my tooth, maybe i didn't....who knows?..." ahhh, he's such a cute kid!
ReplyDelete