Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy 32nd Birthday Ben!


Friday was Ben's birthday. The boys were pretty excited. We made him cards this week and I told them to keep it a secret so it would be a surprise. The first thing Owen says during dinner is, "Guess what we made for you today dad?" Then without waiting for a response he said, "we made cards for you for your birthday!" I'm glad he was excited but that is exactly why I didn't let them in on the present I got for Ben. He's been thinking about training for another Half Ironman but biking is the hard thing to train for. It has meant a 3-4 hr committment on Saturdays to ride with a group. He has very thoughtfully said he didn't feel like he should leave me alone with all the kids including a newborn for a good portion of Saturdays especially when he's gone most of Sunday with Bishopric stuff now. So I solved his problem. I got him a Kurt's Kinetic Bike trainer. I was so excited that I was able to get him a true suprise that he would really like and use. He is hard to shop for and usually buys himself a present before his birthday. He was thrilled and very suprised and has used it twice already. He wanted nachos and homemade oreos for his family birthday dinnner. Then I made a cheese and meat fondue dinner for a few friends (sans kids). We had a good celebration we love you Ben! Happy Birthday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment