Friday, September 23, 2011

BYU vs UT

We hauled the fam-damily to Austin to watch BYU play UT.  We even brought a friend with us who would like to transfer to BYU next summer term.  She got baptized in February and we thought we give her the second baptism of fire by letting her experinece the Smith's close up.  She claims it was fun, I hope she wasn't lying.  We went to the State Capitol building and saw the TX State History Museum, ate at Whole Foods (one of our favorites in Austin) and then went to the game.  Lauren and Jon watch the kids for us at the hotel-it was a night game and tickets weren't cheap.  UT fans are serious about their football but it was still fun to see the game.  I haven't been to a BYU game since the first fall we were married.  I was a stick-in-the-mud grad student and had too much studying to do.  By the way, this is the first time in my life I've owned a BYU t-shirt.



1 comment:

  1. I thought Colby's family were the only ones who said fam-damily :) Your boys look so handsome all dressed up by the temple doors.

    ReplyDelete