Sunday, September 11, 2011

First Day of School 2011

I sent 2 boys off to the cold cruel world this year.  Noah started 2nd grade and Owen started Kindergarten. 
Noah reluctantly let me walk him to his class this year.  The only reason he said yes was that I had to walk Owen to his room because he didn't remember.  Each child is different for sure, I didn't get too emotional when Noah started K, probably because he was a year older and had been a bit of a pill.  Owen turned 5 on the third day of school, I gave him a hug and a kiss and told him I'd see him at the end of the day but could even say 'I love you' because I was going to lose it right there in the hallway.  He really likes school despite the full 8 hr day.  He is wanting to read already and wants to sound words out.  I hope I have the energy to carpe diem and help him along.  Noah and Owen ride their bikes to school together most days.  I rode with them or walked the first week then they were on their own.  They are very responsible and Noah has done a great job letting Owen be in front and taking care of him.  Noah was told that if he ever showed up at home without Owen there would be certain death for him.  The only reason he was to come home without his brother was if he was incapcitated and he was coming for help.  Our brother loyality FHE has worked so far.

Winston misses 'the brothers' as he calls them and asks at least once a day when they will be home.  Liam and I are not much fun I guess.
Ready for school

One young kid ready to be big!

No comments:

Post a Comment