Wednesday we split up into two groups and half went to the San Antonio temple to do dealings for Grandma's side while the other half watched kids at home, then we swapped and then others went to do sealings. It was very nice, I'd never seen the temple there before and it became one of my favorites. It was great to get in one last temple trip and be there with so much family.
When that was all done we grabbed lunch and headed to Sea World, a place we'd never been before. It was a great day to go, not crowded, not hot, cousins to keep kids excited and they kids loved it! I'd consider buying a season pass next year for sure. Very family friendly for all ages, even Liam. We spent 5hrs there, walking and such and I think I had 6 contractions the entire time, very disappointing.
Thanksgiving morning Ben, the kids and a few others signed up for a Turkey Trot,so we headed to run. The three big boys ran a half mile and Ben did a four miler. The boys did great and ran the whole time even Winston. Ben did much better than his A goal and I almost missed him finishing, I just happened to have the camera out to look at something when I saw him enter the finish shoot. Then it was back home to cook the turkey and play with cousins. On a funny side note, I had tried to bake a pie early that morning before we left and as I turned on the oven the heating element started to spark and burn up, so the pie got cooked in a toaster oven. The turkey was rushed to Grandpa Dave's sister's house who happens to live in San Antonio too for cooking and the dinner was saved. The day was great, cousins played outside for hours without fights. Owen and Nick built a snake castle to trap a snake they claimed they saw. Uncle Mike played football with the bigger boys, naps were had and lot's of visiting and relaxation. I wish I had been better at taking pictures of then kids playing, they entertained themselves so well and didn't fight ever. It's too bad we all live so far apart because they are good buddies when they are together.
Friday we headed to the Alamo, the Riverwalk, and Market Square (aka little Mexico). We took family pictures at the Alamo, went to the IMAX movie about it, ate a fabulous lunch at La Marghertia in Market Square, purchased cheap trinkets for fun and walked back to the Alamo. It doesn't sound like much but we were there 6 hrs. It was getting really crowded by the time we left because there is a Christmas parade down the Riverwalk and boats are the floats followed by turning on Christmas lights. The kids were all too tired by that point so we headed back.
Saturday half the group had to leave at the crack of dawn. The rest of us slowly packed up and we drove home around noon. I had had such good luck without baby complications and it was raining pretty hard, we didn't want to risk anything else. Grandma Shannon followed a few hrs later in our other car when the last of the family flew out. so she is here with us until Wednesday night. She had planned her flights around the fact that we were supposed to have a baby at this point and it was fabulously expensive to change her flights and there wended any available.
We had a great time, I was so glad I decided to go and not stay. I was a bit nervous going three hrs away at 37.5weeks pregnant but, I was only dilated to a 1.5 on Monday so I figured I had plenty of time to get back home if I went I to labor there. I had a disappointing amount of contractions for doing so much walking and activity. But now that we are home and Grandma is here, we are praying she comes quickly! I think most people in the ward were disappointed to see me today...I know I was. I guess I am working on endurance.
| Some of the clan at Sea World |
| The turkey trotters |
| at the Alamo |
| Grandma and Grandpa with all the grand kids |
You said we did dealings at the temple. Nonmembers might think this is a reference to drug deals going down. Consider revising.
ReplyDelete