Yesterday, while I was dropping Noah off at school he noticed that J's car was in front of us. Yes, the same J who didn't like his Valentine's picture. He said, "Mom, I want to get flowers for J." I replied, "Why do you want to give J flowers?" Noah said, "She didn't like my picture that I painted for her but maybe she'd like flowers. I could get her pink flowers. I think she'd like pink flowers." I answered, "Well maybe we could do that. We'll have to think about it."
Today, I asked if he had a good day when I picked him up. With enthusiasm and a twinkle in his voice he said, "Mom, while I was in art center today I drew a picture for J. I wrote To: J From: Noah on it. Then I tipped toed out in the hall to her cubby and put it in there then I tipped toed back to art center. Then when we were packing up to go home she found it." "Did she like it?" was my hesitant question. "Yes, she liked this one and took it home!" Thank heavens! I don't know if I could have handled another rejection. He even reported the same story to Ben at dinner, unsolicited.
Noah is such a sweet boy! Seems like forever since we've seen yall. The boys will have to play soon.
ReplyDeleteI am glad Noah is finally making some in-roads with the ladies.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet story to have documented! Quite the artist.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the story, Whitney. Congratulations on giving it everything you had. There's a great lesson in that.
ReplyDelete