Sunday, February 22, 2009

Playisting / Devotion in Motion

So Whitney was bothering me to add a playlist to the blog...now that I have, I think she's wishing I hadn't. Once I started I kind of went nuts adding all sorts of random songs from our iTunes playlist, including (yes, you knew this was coming) Christian rock from my Devotion in Motion class at the Y downtown! There are 3 Devotion in Motion songs on the list...use the comments and guess which ones they are. A big prize will come to the first to guess correctly!

For those of you not familiar with Devotion in Motion...at most gyms these days there are Spin classes, where you bike with an instructor to music. The instructor leads you through the class (usually 45 minutes long or so), biking at different speeds, resistance levels, positions, etc. Anyway, at the Y downtown on Thursdays the Spin class is called "Devotion in Motion", and it's a Spin class set to Christian music with some Bible reading by the instructor. I started going last year while training for the half-Ironman and discovered that not all Christian rock music is so bad. Whitney hates it but the boys love it (gender lines rule). Anyway, if you're up for biking to the Bible, come join us at 11:15am on Thursdays. If nothing else, "Devotion in Motion" sounds cool.

PS - Some people at work were going to a concert by one of the Chrisitan rock artists here...when I told them about Devotion in Motion they fell down laughing. Apparently biking to the Bible strikes people of most religions as ludicrous.

3 comments: