Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hurrican Owen

Owen and Noah have been sick all week. Just a nasty viral bug that has keep us indoors and away from people. Yesterday Owen's festering energy exploded. He was Mr. Destructive all day, throwing toys, getting into my stuff in my bedroom (ie my ipod, computer, books etc). He and Noah had also been at each others throats all day. No matter what I did to moderate the arguments they ignored me. Noah and I had a Primary Activity to go to at 4 and a sweet girl in the ward volunteered to watch Owen and Winston so I could attend to my duties. About 10 minutes before I needed to leave I was nursing Winston and putting him down for a nap. Owen and Noah were drinking chocolate milk (I thought outside). Owen came inside, dumped his chocolate milk on the floor then followed up by rubbing a cube of butter in the milk. (I had a stick of butter on the counter softening so I could make honey butter for the activity) Owen very nearly lost his life. Thank heavens the sitter showed up just in time.



Today, he emptied about a 1/3 of a tube of toothpaste on our carpet, piano, couch, and bathroom counter. He got a cold shower for that little episode. I'm not sure who will survive the weekend, me or him. May the best man (I mean Mom) win.



Speaking of being sick. I won't be winning Mother of the Year anytime soon. Monday Noah and a slight temperature. But on Tuesday he was fine and asked to go to school. He didn't have a fever so I sent him. When I picked him up his teacher said, "I don't think he feels very good, he has been coughing a lot and fell asleep on the bench during recess." Great what a mother, the poor kids falls asleep during school on a bench on the playgound. Needless to say I didn't send him to school on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment