Sunday, June 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Winston!

Wintson turned 2 on the 28th. WOW has time flown. I made him a Thomas the Tank Engine cake (yes, I'm getting very good use out of the Thomas cake pan I bought-he loves trains so it fits. You can expect to see it again in about 2 yrs when Liam turns 2) I'm not sure how much he understood but when we talked about it during the days leading up to his birthday he raised both hands and said, "hooorrrrahhhh!" At least he understood there was a celebration going on. I took all the boys to get donuts for breakfast. He will do anything for a donut. In fact, last fall when I was trying to get him to say please he finally did say please for the first time when he was asking for a donut. He ate about 6 donut holes which are his favorite I think because he can stick an entire donut hole in his mouth. See below. His look is one where he might take out anyone who messes with his donuts.

After donuts we took Noah to school and did lots of playing. He and Owen played in the sprinklers while I made homemade mac-n-cheese for lunch another favorite. It's a little disturbing how much mac-n-cheese he'll eat in one sitting. He opened his present from Noah and Owen, a nerf gun just like theirs, and was thrilled. He is on the verge of being able to arm it himself. We had cake the next night day with some friends to celebrate.
He weighs 25 lbs and is 37 inches. A feather weight. He loves to tease and wrestle his brothers. If he thinks there is even a remote chance that there is wrestling somewhere in the house he runs to be in the middle of it. He is usually very sweet except when provoked he'll bite until he draws blood. I guess it's his only way to win battles with his brothers since he's the littlest one able to fight. He is very gentle with Liam (90% of the time, there have been a few light saber incidents) and gives him good kisses and hugs. His vocabulary and language skills are off the charts-which is nice most of the time. He is a good communicator and doesn't hesitate to voice his opinion for example last week at dinner dad wasn't answering him as fast as he wanted so he pounded the table and said, "Answer me dad!" He is one of the best backseat drivers in the family. He loves the Primary songs and can sing about 50% of all the Primary songs being learned in 2010 plus a few others. Winston likes to dance. He loves to play in the hose and sandbox. He loves trouble and knows exactly how to get into big trouble. He is currently winning the Smith boy most likely to have an encounter with the police award. Hopefully he'll just take after Uncle Aaron who had cops called on him for throwing apples at 18 wheelers--stupid but not life-threatening. I love Winston and can't wait to see what the future holds for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment