Sunday, June 13, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday Noah!!




Friday was Noah's birthday. It was action packed from sun up to sun down literally. I hardly had time to think because I was trying to fulfill his birthday wishes. We went running in the morning since the kids are up at 6am. We got donuts for his birthday breakfast and went to swim team where they sang happy birthday to him at the end of practice. He wanted chicken nuggets for lunch. Then while Owen, Winston and Liam napped i made the cake and frosting. When they woke up we went bowling. The one thing he really wanted to do. I told him he could invite 1 friend. So off went to the bowling alley. (It takes little kids a really long time to bowl) We had a great time, it was cheap due to summer specials, and while we were at the bowling alley I heard him spontaneously say, "this is the best birthday day ever!" I was glad I made the effort to take him. We got home late and while everyone else at a birthday dinner of homemade nachos I decorated his cake. It turned out pretty good I thought and it was a nice change of pace from the Thomas cake. He got the original Star Wars movies, a wall map of the world because he is always asking where things are, and a new bike which is on the way. He was so excited about watching Star Wars he hardly touched his cake.

Noah is turning into a pretty creative kid. He has started drawing pictures and writing stories for them (posts about that to come), he loves learning about science. He is currently very interested in volcanoes due to the Icelandic eruptions. He loves music and can be very tender with his brothers and me if I'm lucky. Noah can memorize anything at the drop of a hat-he has his piano songs memorized by about day 2. He is very curious and not much escapes his attention. Noah loves to create but hates cleaning up Noah loves reading and being read to. I'm hoping to put that to use so he can read stories to his brothers while I make dinner. He is keenly aware of gospel things. He now refused to wear anything to church but his suit and gets really grumpy if his white shirt isn't clean on Sunday. He had to wear his blue one today and it was a fight. He loves scripture stories and remembers details I don't like that Joseph Smith was shot with 3 bullets. He is so much fun and loves to do silly things and I love his laugh. It is pure delight.

3 comments:

  1. Happy 7th year to Noah! Very impressive little guy. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Noah! Kate loved seeing pictures of your birthday. I can't believe you are 7!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect birthday! Good job getting all that done with 3 and sometimes 4 other kids in tow. I am impressed. He sounds like such a great and fun little boy. I wish we lived closer and knew your cute kids better. Happy Birthday Noah!

    ReplyDelete