Owen had blown my expectations out of the water (pardon the pun) for swimming this summer. My goal for him was to be a little bit more water safe so I could have him right by me in the pool but not have to cling to me the entire time. Yesterday he swam in his 3rd swim meet and made it all the way across the pool (25 m) without holding onto the lane rope and in a 1:28. If you would have asked me 6 weeks ago if I thought that was possible I would have said no chance. But he did it. He did a great job and ended the season on a great note. Ben told him that when he swam across without grabbing the rope once he could get a new car. So after lunch and naps we headed to Target and he picked out a new car. Way to go Owen!! (On a side note Wednesday was team picture day. Noah was concerned that Owen did not have a team suit. So I said that Owen could try on Noah's old team suit from last year thankfully the same colors as our team this year. Owen LOVES it. He struts around like he owns the world. He really feels part of the team. Who knows maybe it made the difference in his swimming yesterday.) The picture is Owen starting off-he's in lane 2. He has a great kick and really does look cute in his team suit.
No comments:
Post a Comment