Sunday, October 3, 2010

Two Degrees of Toothiness

Noah's front tooth has been stubbornly refusing to come out for about a week or so now. While Whitney tried (unsuccessfully) to yank it out with pliers last Sunday, we've been thinking it would just fall out sooner or later - you could wiggle it so far that you could see his permanent tooth underneath it! Noah put up such a fight, though, that we just decided to choose our battles...until today, that is.

While watching Conference, Noah was playing around by giving us wet willies and/or sticking his foot in our face. Whitney warned him that the next time he did it, we were going to hold him down and yank his tooth out. About a minute or two later, he did it to me, and I grabbed him, gave him a few tickles to know that I was having fun with him, then got him in a headlock and began wiggling the tooth. At this point, Noah realized the game was up and started yelling, "It hurts!". After a few good wiggles, I grabbed the sides of it and pulled down HARD. Noah screamed, blood gushed, and our long household tooth trial was over. As I let him go, Noah went screaming into the bathroom yelling something about bleeding to death in his own house, and Whitney and I searched the floor for the tooth (we found it).

He's not too traumatized, and as you can see (click the picture to enlarge it), his permanent tooth was already partway down!



Our other soon-to-be tooth cutter is Liam, whose bottom eye teeth are on their way in. Being the resourceful chap that he is, Liam grabbed Whitney's plate and began biting down for practice.



It's a little odd - two brothers, separated by 6+ years, cutting teeth at the same time (albeit different sets of teeth).

1 comment:

  1. Good story for Noah! Liam is sure cute munching on a plate.

    ReplyDelete